Friday 6 September 2013

BLIND MAN NARRATES HOW BLIND FRIEND SNATCHED HIS WIFE

A blind man, Mr Shaibu Ibrahim, 56, of Aso Pada in Mararaba, Nasarawa State on Thursday told a Grade 1 Area Court in Mararaba that his friend, Shehu Sarki, 62, allegedly enticed his wife with money and seduced her.

In his testimony to the court, Ibrahim said that he became friends with the accused some time last year when the accused assisted him to secure accommodation at Gwagalape, near Nyanya in the FCT.

"He enticed my wife with money because he is rich.

"He took advantage of a little misunderstanding I had with my wife over N1,000.

"He was my very good friend. When he intervened, I thought he was concerned for me. I did not know that he had other evil plans,"

Ibrahim told the court that the accused was the one who instigated his wife against him.

"When I could not provide the N1000 daily savings to secure a house, he took my wife and gave her another room in his compound.

"Each time I go to see her or sit on her bed, she will send me out and say she has no business with me and that she has gotten herself a real husband now.

"The accused began threatening me. He even told me that he has the money power to take my wife and marry her."

Ibrahim alleged that his wife through Sarki's influence, has offered to pay him back the N19,000 he paid as dowry on her.

After hearing Ibrahim's testimony, the presiding judge, Mr Albert Maga, adjourned the case till 16 September for defence.

It was reported on August 28, that Ibrahim dragged Sarki, his friend and Chairman of the Blind Peoples' Association in Aso Pada to court for allegedly enticing his wife, Lami, 23.

On the same date, Ibrahim told the court that the accused was the one who introduced him to Lami and later enticed her and took her away from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment