Thursday 12 September 2013

EVERTON CAN BEAT CHELSEA - LUKAKU

Romelu Lukaku has backed his latest employers Everton to beat his former club Chelsea in the Premier League this weekend.


Lukaku will not be permitted to play against Jose Mourinho's Blues at Goodison Park under the terms of his loan move, but he was quick to supporting his temporary employers when asked on Twitter about the upcoming Premier League last on Saturday.

"Do you want Everton to win on Saturday," was the question put up to Lukaku, who offered this reply in the Daily Mirror: "Yes, I have to be honest."

Lukaku went on to confirm his season-long loan to Everton was very much a last minute move, as he only heard about the possibility of a transfer in the final hours of the summer transfer window.

"It was a crazy evening," he recalled. "I was sitting in my hotel room in Brussels when the phone went to tell me I was going out on loan again. It was 7pm, and that was the first I knew of it.

"There had not been a mention of it before then, but after speaking to my parents, I decided to take the plunge. Different clubs called me and I had to take the right decision. Roberto Martinez called me for 30 minutes and explained me what he expects from me.

"I decided that Everton was the best choice. They are a more prominent club than West Brom where I had a good time. The important thing, at 20, is to be playing, and while West Brom was an option, Everton was a better one."

No comments:

Post a Comment