Saturday 31 August 2013

I WAS AFRAID OF BROKEN BONES - MESSI


Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has admitted that he was afraid that he had sustained broken bones during his recent injury woes.


The Argentine has conceded that he had no idea what his recent injury was at first and has insisted that no one lied over the true nature of the knock

The Argentine was forced to miss the recent win over Malaga due to a knock picked up in the first leg of the Spanish Supercopa against Atletico.

However, he returned soon after and has stressed that the club did not hide anything about the nature of the injury.

"It was nothing more than a knock," he is quoted as saying by Marca.

"I couldn't see what it was properly in the picture, whether it was broken or not. Luckily it was just a knock. Many things have been said.

"I've heard that the club and I were hiding things. I did not hide anything. I'm coming back from an injury, it was tough because I relapsed and that made me more careful and recover better."

Messi missed a penalty in the return leg against Atletico as Barca edged an away goals victory to claim the trophy and the 26-year-old has voiced his delight at overcoming a tough team.

"I'm happy to have won the title," he continued.

"We played against a team who made things very difficult, who are closed off and do well on the counter, leaving no space. The truth was that it was a tough tie."

Barcelona travel to Valencia on Sunday, with kick-off scheduled for 21:00CET.

No comments:

Post a Comment