Wednesday 4 September 2013

I MISS FOOTBALL - OSAZE ODEMWINGIE

Osaze Odemwingie has confessed that he missed football following a long layoff, just as Eagles troop in.


The estranged Eagles attacker said he was eager to prove his worth to Cardiff after signing from West Bromwich Albion for £2.5m.

The 32-year-old Nigeria international became surplus to requirements at the Hawthorns after the striker's infamous drive to London in a bid to engineer a move to Queens Park Rangers at the end of the January transfer window.

"I missed football and I am delighted to come to a fast-progressing team," he told Cardiff City Player.

"They have a young manager with a lot of ambition. He has done really well in a short period and I hope to help the team become better and I am grateful for the confidence they have shown in me.

"I am very motivated and ready for action. The last six months, coming on as a substitute for 10-15 minutes, was not what made me happy and I am a better player when I am happy. I am very hungry and I will show the same attitude I had when I was scoring a lot of goals in games in the Premier League."

Odemwingie will use the international break to get acquainted with his team-mates before their Premier League trip to face Hull City on Saturday week.

No comments:

Post a Comment