Tuesday 3 September 2013

LUIS SUAREZ HAPPY TO HAVE STAYED AT LIVERPOOL

Luis Suarez claims he decided to stay at Liverpool 'some weeks ago' and gave no thought to a late summer switch.

The Uruguay international announced at the start of the transfer window that he wanted out of Anfield, and found himself left in footballing limbo as debate regarding his future raged.

Liverpool, however, refused to waver in their stance that the striker was not for sale - snubbing big-money bids from Premier League rivals Arsenal and keeping reports of interest from Real Madrid at arm's length.

Suarez says he is now happy to remain on Merseyside and is hoping to repay the faith shown in him by the Reds and their loyal supporters.

After arriving in South America for international duty, Suarez is quoted in the Daily Mirror as saying: "For me, it has been closed for some time. I made the decision to stay at Liverpool some weeks ago and I want to stay and work for the team from now on.

"I will go back to Liverpool to play and I hope to be the same player the fans can trust.

"I said I wanted to play in the Champions League, but when that didn't happen, I knew I'd be happy with life to have my future at Liverpool."

No comments:

Post a Comment